Friday 18 November 2011

Back here again...

I am starting another blog - I am pretty sure I deleted my other one? - in an effort to think of and document something positive and something to be grateful for every day. I have Borderline Personality Disorder and a lot of the time my world is in chaos and all doom and gloom. I hope through this I can have an 'outlet' and a place to reflect and remind myself that there is some positive in this world that often overwhelms me. I hope to update this daily.

Today, I am grateful because my faith in humanity has been restored. A group of mums who were joined by the fact they had babies in the same month this year, united to help one of their own who was struggling financially.  Those who could contribute gave what they could. It was such a heart warming moment to see this Mum receive this gift from a group of women from all over Australia, most of whom she hadn't met before. The feeling of giving something with no expectation of anything in return, is truly a remarkable feeling.

With so much negativity in the world and the loss of the 'village' that once existed, it was definitely a 'warm and fuzzy' moment to be part of this group who were able to help this other mum out. This selfless act of generosity truly restored my faith that there is some good in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment